Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hooray for experiences!

So, for my Psych100 project... I made a book. :) It's a Japanese folding style book, and I took pictures to put in them. I ended up just mounting the pictures on black cardstock and then putting them in the book that way, although the original idea was to use a transfer pen and transfer the pictures directly into the book. HOWEVER, transfer pens only work with one kind of printer, and the printer I was going to use...... ran out of ink. GRRRR. But I think it turned out alright. My project was about depression, so I took objects that I found that were "out of place," such as a sock found in a parking lot. I did this to go with the feeling that people with depression sometimes feel out of place in society or among their social circles.








2 comments:

checkmynuts said...

I like it, though it doesn't make me feel depressed... I think it's too colourful to look like depression. But still I like it - things out of place, that's also a metaphor for discovery, adventure, going somewhere where you've never been before... that's a bit more optimistic, but I may be influenced by the colours...

btw: stopped by using that "next blog" button... funny feature :)

Michael Thom said...

wow that's really cool, Jess... looks like it turned out really well!

also, didn't know you had a new blog! sweet :-)

maybe someday i'll post to mine again... haha